Home
« Home | Next: Know What To Do »
| Next: Encouragement »
| Next: A Degree in Blond VII »
| Next: Explanation of Death »
| Next: Legal Representative »
| Next: Babies II »
| Next: Redneck Or Genius V »
| Next: Fighting a Battle »
| Next: A Degree in Blond VI »
| Next: Babies »

Arts and Crafts

Sunday, June 22, 2008

For Better and For Worse

RA has its ups and downs. Periods when my joints hurt, followed by periods when I don't have any pain at all. At those "good times", I noticed how easy it is to take being pain-free for granted and how quick I get used to living without pain. I know, that is how it should be but that doesn't mean I can safely assume that is how it always is going to be. And it is not! And then, when the pain strikes again, then... I realize how grateful I should have been for those pain-free times. Then I realize how God blessed me and how I accepted it without giving enough praise to Him. But when joints hurt, guess who is praying and asking?? Yep :-)

I heard in several occasions, when times are bad people turn away from God. When they experience good times they can't seem to find enough gratitude and can't seem to say often enough how good God is. Yes, we should count our blessings. But why run from Him when things get rough? Of all reasons, wouldn't that be the one to turn to Him?

I turn to Him when things are bad but tend to overlook His blessings in good times.
Many turn to Him when things are good but tend to overlook Him in bad times.

Why do we create that division? It is our responsibility to walk with Him through ALL times. Why would we abandon Him? He is there for us, in good times and bad times, for better and for worse.

Thank You Lord for all your blessings and thank You for being there for me, always:-)

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Amen!!!

This is a very fantastic post, Corry dearest.

Our Almighty Father is our very best friend for now and ever =)

(((HUGS)))

Saturday, June 28, 2008 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
A friend you can always count on to be there for you! :-)

Blessings to you and yours, Lieve Zus.

God's Grace.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014