Home
« Home | Next: A Helping Hand »
| Next: Calligraphy Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Calligraphy Art II »
| Next: Avoiding Huge Costs »
| Next: Practicing Art »
| Next: Calligraphy Art »
| Next: Considering 4G »
| Next: A Good Car »
| Next: Bamboo Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Cleaning Up The Mess »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, May 16, 2011

Knitting Art

I suspect most of us are familiar with it; the soothing, rhythmic ticking of the needles, while watching the knitted item steadily growing and lending two helping hands winding the yarn.

We may even have worn the fruits of all that labor, although the memories of the itching wool are not very pleasant where I am concerned, but at least it kept me warm. Grin.

Although mostly garments were lovingly knitted, over the years this craft became more creative as well and many other applications were found for it.

These little knitted animals bring back sweet memories; my mom once knitted me a cute, little rabbit when I was little, stuffed it and sewed clothes for it. For years, it accompanied me wherever I went; I wouldn't go to sleep without it.

Yeah, eventually I outgrew it and I am not sure what happened to it. I wouldn't be surprised if my mother kept it and this keepsake would pop up some day.

I never was a big fan of knitting; I don't get to see the result fast enough to my likings. I do highly admire those who churn out one project after another though. You may not be aware of it, but you are knitting more then clothes and animals.

You are also knitting memories!

See also:
Knitting Art II
Knitting Art - Materials and Equipment

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014