Home
« Home | Next: Practice Makes Perfect »
| Next: Tarp Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Football, Packers, and Summer »
| Next: Artistic Stainless Steel »
| Next: Tarp Arts »
| Next: Tarp Art »
| Next: Problem Solved »
| Next: GED Art Part 3 »
| Next: Locked In Place »
| Next: Wearing Art »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, July 12, 2010

Bottle Cap Art

There was no doubt whatsoever in my mind that there was art and/or a hobby which included bottle caps and I was right.

What blew me away though was all the different projects which were created with and out of this material; necklaces, bracelets, furniture, wall art, mirrors, lamp shades, purses, earrings, bowls; you name it and you are likely to find some wonderful creation made out of it.

At first glance, you would not expect this 'painting' to consist solely of bottle caps, but it does. If you click on the image, you can see for yourself how the bottle caps are arranged creating this picture; it is very well done and my compliments to the artist!

Another creation which caught my eye was this wreath. It is completely made out of bottle caps which are strung in all kinds of different shapes, forming this extraordinary wreath.

I suspect a metal wire is used. Yeah, you will need lots and lots of bottle caps, but that should not be too difficult; they can be found anywhere and in all kinds of colors. I think it would take more time drilling holes in each one to string them.

I will show you some more bottle cap art in my next post, but don't let that prevent you from being creative in the meantime; just put your thinking cap on and let your imagination go!

See also:
Bottle Cap Art II
Bottle Cap Art - Materials and Equipment

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014