Home
« Home | Next: Various Pasta Shapes for Art Projects »
| Next: Missing Out »
| Next: Macaroni Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Spicing It Up »
| Next: Macaroni Art II »
| Next: The Art of Connecting Cars and Savings »
| Next: Macaroni Art »
| Next: The Art Of Being Your Own Boss »
| Next: Golf Club Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Cooking Art »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Salt Dough Clay Art

I used to make this dough for my girls when they were young and it was always great and cheap fun. I know the ingredients for it: salt, flour, water, and I used to put a tablespoon of glycerin in it. What I forgot was however, how much of each was used.

I found the several different recipes for it and I suppose all will work well;
3 cups flour, 1 cup of salt, 1 cup water.

Or:
2 cups of flour, half a cup of salt, three quarters of a cup of water, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.

Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir them together. You can add extra flour until the dough is no longer sticky. If it is easier to knead it on the counter then please do.

After mixing it together well, it is ready for use. If you like to use it later then wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap.

For colored dough, you can mix in food coloring, acrylic paint, or liquid tempura. Add it to the dough while you are preparing it and knead it thoroughly.

Once your (or the childrens') project is done, you can either let it air dry, or speed up the drying process by baking it. I will tell you how best to do both in my next post on this creative hobby!

See also:
Salt Dough Clay Art II
Salt Dough Clay Art - Materials and Equipment

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014