Home
« Home | Next: Dangerous Hobbies »
| Next: Shoe Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: The Art Of Blogging »
| Next: Shoe Art II »
| Next: The Effort To Loose »
| Next: Shoe Art »
| Next: Keeping It In Mind »
| Next: Scrimshaw Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Scrimshaw Art II »
| Next: More Color and Fashion »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rice Art

Rice is nutritious, rather easy to cook and tastes good with practically anything.

There are several forms of art you can use rice for. Right now, I will linger on the topic of cooking; the picture portraits a very simple, but funny and cute way of serving your cooked rice.

I can imagine though that not everyone would be pleased to have their meal served with paper attached to it and therefore my suggestion would be to make eyes and mouth (or whatever other project you have in mind) from edible items.

This is a very ingenious and a good example of creating a dish which is entirely edible.

I wasn't able to find out what was used for nose, mouth and paws, but I can think of some foods which would lend themselves very well for that; raisins, dried prunes, but even spinach, carrots, green peas, or beans could accomplish the same effect.

There is another option: food coloring. A few drops of the substance will open up a realm of possibilities for creating edible art with rice.

Arts, crafts and hobbies with rice do not limit themselves to just being edible; there are many more projects you can do with it. I suppose you already anticipated and/or suspected that.

I wouldn't post it on my blog if there wasn't. That would go against my grain. Grin.

See also:
Rice Art II
Rice Art III
Rice Art - Materials and Equipment

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014