Home
« Home | Next: The Art Of Making It Through The Day »
| Next: How Is This For Art?! »
| Next: Jet Boeke's Economical Impact »
| Next: God's Art »
| Next: Jet Boeke's Work »
| Next: About Jet Boeke »
| Next: Crucial Tips That Can Save Your Life »
| Next: A Riddle »
| Next: Unexpected, But Pleasant »
| Next: SpongeBob Smarty Pants »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wood Art - Whittling

Whittling is different from wood carving. For whittling, all you need is a piece of raw wood and a pocket knife. For wood carving, all kinds of knives and other attributes are used.

While I was in college, we had to whittle a totem pole. Although my creation was not as good as the ones in the picture on the left, it turned out to look somewhat similar.

I truly enjoyed it and must have been pretty decent at it, seeing how it got me an A, besides several cuts in my fingers, haha. That last did not decrease the fun and I whittled several more in my spare time.

It may well be, that most of you have done some whittling as well. Maybe you did, and are still doing it, as a hobby. There are some very skilled and talented whittlers around. Give them a piece of wood and they turn it in to a sheer work of art.

I love the warmth, that the wood reflects. The creations make beautiful decorations and complement any interior. Maybe I will pick up whittling again, some time.

See also:
Wood Art - Whittling Supplies

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Congratulations Lieve Zus! Grade A =)

Sunday, March 22, 2009 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Yeaaahhhhhhhhh, thanks so much!! hehe.

God's Grace.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014