Home
« Home | Next: Pipe Cleaners To The Test »
| Next: The True Colors Of Creativity »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Holiday Crafts »
| Next: A Creative Holiday To-Go Feast »
| Next: Ian Berry's Work »
| Next: About Ian Berry aka Denimu »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Origin And Art »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Art »
| Next: Francis Bacon's Highest Paid Artwork »
| Next: Thanksgiving's Crafts For Kids »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, January 10, 2014

Home-Crafted Drawer Pulls And Knobs

Sometimes, little aggravations can lead to arty solutions. Here is the problem I am faced with; some of the drawer pulls in our guest bedroom broke making it difficult to open the drawers.

The pulls are attached by two screws and it is even harder to find replacements with the exact same center to center dimensions.

It sure didn't cross my mind to create them myself until the idea was handed to me by my husband.

That sure would be the perfect solution, but I wasn't really sure how to go about it and what to use.

Maybe more people encountered the problem and had some good alternatives, so I scoured the Internet. Oh my, there were possibilities galore.

Knobs and pulls made from Lego, Polymer clay, keys, stones, leather, rope, ribbons, wood, metal, corks, wire and beads, kitchen utensils, and even doll parts, passed in front of my eyes.

I was particularly drawn to the leather pulls and these monkey fist knobs. Both would go well with the drawers' appearance and fit in with the room's decor.

I may give the latter a try first and see how it shakes out. It seems rather easy to create this monkey fist knot.

There are more then enough tutorial videos around to learn the ropes!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014