Home
« Home | Next: Pipe Cleaner Holiday Crafts »
| Next: A Creative Holiday To-Go Feast »
| Next: Ian Berry's Work »
| Next: About Ian Berry aka Denimu »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Origin And Art »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Art »
| Next: Francis Bacon's Highest Paid Artwork »
| Next: Thanksgiving's Crafts For Kids »
| Next: Scary Creations »
| Next: Some More Of My Handiwork »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, December 27, 2013

The True Colors Of Creativity

I am still churning out crocheted banks and I love doing it. I don't know how many I already created, but so far they all found a good home.

I have come to the discovery that there is hardly anything you can't fabricate. Some projects need a little more creative ingenuity than others, but that only adds to the fun of making them.

Some problems arose when I decided to make Kermit the frog for one of our daughters. She loves frogs and has quite a collection of these little critters sitting on shelves in her living room.

It wasn't easy coming up with a way to 'get his face on' so to speak, but after a lot of thought and several attempts I finally got it done.

A little felt here and there finished the job and Kermit has found a permanent place on her frog shelf.

Now I am faced with a new challenge; a bank in the form of a Shih Tzu Dog. Oh dear, that will take some time. I am a detail-person and like to come as close to the original as possible. In this case that means covering the entire project in a coat of hair.

I have one advantage though; this little doggie I am about to make is entirely black, so I don't have to worry about getting its true colors right!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014