Home
« Home | Next: Less Is More »
| Next: Tangible And Edible Halloween Art »
| Next: Some More Halloween Craft Projects »
| Next: Halloween Craft Projects »
| Next: Craft Items Up For Grabs »
| Next: Save Your Left-Over Craft Items »
| Next: Arty Savings At Hand »
| Next: Downtown Festival & Art Show In Gainesville »
| Next: Hula Hoop Fun Facts »
| Next: The Origin Of The Hula Hoop »

Arts and Crafts

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Some More Of My Handiwork

When I started crocheting banks, I already planned on making a little angel. After working out the details in my head, I finally got around to it.

I am very satisfied with the results. It all worked out well and I think she looks adorable.

I used a thin wire to shape the halo and the wings. The yarn is simply twisted around the wire which makes the halo, but crocheting is another option and I may try that the next time.

The stem of the halo is strung through the crocheted stitches in the back of her head and hair. Some sewing was required to hold it tightly in place.

After shaping the wings, I had several options. I could crochet around the wire to create the wings or wrap some sheer or old panty hose around it. I used the first option, but I also would like to try one of the other ones sometime. The wings are fastened the same way as the halo.

She is only one of the many projects I fabricated since I posted the clown. Several more have come into existence ever since and this is another one of them.

You may recognize him, or at least suspect who it is. Yup, it is supposed to resemble Willie from the series 'Duck Dynasty'.

He will not be the only one to see the light of day. I plan on making an uncle Si and probably some more members of the family.

Right now, I am in the process of crocheting little boy and in case you haven't guessed it yet; there is another little angel waiting in the wings!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014