Home
« Home | Next: Eye-Opening Art »
| Next: Aspiring Artist »
| Next: Cheerio Arts And Crafts »
| Next: Creativity In Progress »
| Next: Pull Tab Crafts And Facts »
| Next: Crafting With Pull Tabs »
| Next: Pull Tab Arts And Crafts »
| Next: Art With A Rocky Start »
| Next: Creativity With Cardboard Boxes »
| Next: Scratching The Surface »

Arts and Crafts

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tissue Art

Our grandson had bought his mom a present for Mother's Day and needed a gift bag to put it in. Savvy as I am, I always save the gift bags I receive for occasions like this and it was therefore not hard to find one that suited the purpose.

I noticed I was running out of gift bags, but had gazillion sheets of tissue paper in all kinds of colors and designs to last us a lifetime. What on earth am I going to do with those? Well, you scour the Internet for tissue art and crafts of course.

I was already familiar with making paper flowers out of tissue paper. That is not hard to do; cut four sheets of tissue paper into a square, lay them on top of each other and fold them like up harmonica style.

Tie a thread tightly around the center of the folded paper and one by one peel the layers apart, gently pulling them towards the middle. It is simple and fun to do.

It had never crossed my mind creating a garland out of tissue flowers. It looks spectacular and very festive, so I will certainly keep that idea in the back of my head.

I had totally forgotten about this craft. It may take a little while cutting the paper into small squares and rolling them up, but it is worth it.

Give the kids a bunch of them, a piece of paper and some craft glue and they are in business!

See more:
Crafts With Tissue Paper

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014