Home
« Home | Next: How It Came About »
| Next: Pet's Diary »
| Next: Redneck or Genius II »
| Next: Fiep Westendorp's Economical Impact »
| Next: Fiep Westendorp's Work »
| Next: Laugh More! »
| Next: Redneck or Genius I »
| Next: About Fiep Westendorp »
| Next: A Rewarding Career »
| Next: Another Act of Love »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, April 11, 2008

A Warned Man...

Daughter: "Corry, if you go into the building, move stuff around, be careful because it's the time for the brown recluse".

Me: "Oh okay. Thanks for the warning."

Daughter: "Do you know what they look like? I can show you a picture."

Me (already shuddering by the thought of a spider-pic): "No!"

Daughter: "Would you like me to show you a picture?"

Me ( half grossing out): "NOOO!"

Daughter: "Or what they can do to your skin?"

Me (totally grossing out now): "NOOOOOOOOO, thanks!!! I 'll tell you what. When I see a spider...I just kill it!"

That settled the matter to everyone's satisfaction and I appreciated her warning:-)

Forewarned is forearmed, or as the Dutch saying goes: a warned man counts for two. It's odd though how a warning often feels like and is taken as a threat and false pride tosses it aside because "I know that is not going to happen to me, I will make sure of that!" And then I am so surprised when I find myself in exactly that situation that I was warned about.

Well, eventually I learned that a warning is given as help and instruction to have a better, happier life. To avoid the pit-falls. It's given out of love and care and a guideline to reach the goal successfully!

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Spider!
Kill it!!
Job done =)))

Hi Lieve Zus
How are you?

(((HUGS)))

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Haha, yeah, the only good spider is a dead one, in my opinion! grin.

I am sooooo tired. We had both Leo and Casey over all day yesterday and they sure kept us busy. I was so tired last night, I just fell in bed and didn't even bother to change into my nighties. I am still tired and sore. But... they are a delight and joy and I had great fun with both of them.:-D

Nothing out of Noor and Patrick yet. I will keep you updated.

Have a great weekend, Lieve Zus.

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014