Home
« Home | Next: Good Night »
| Next: Dancing Away »
| Next: Fire-Ants »
| Next: Ouch »
| Next: Beautiful Horsepower »
| Next: Egg Art Materials and Tools »
| Next: Hugs And More Hugs »
| Next: An Open Door »
| Next: Goodmorning!! »
| Next: Egg Art II »

Arts and Crafts

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Comfort And Compassion

We all lead by example and Lil' Kc shows that is true. Incredible, how observant kids are. It may not seem like it, but they notice the little things they see and apply them.

The other day, when he and I were playing, he made a little fist and pushed it against my arm, as if he was punching me. It is a little game he plays with his father. I am not for it and had no intention at all to encourage it. I know, boys will be boys, but I wanted to make sure he grasped the concept that his 'hitting' could inflict pain.

I pretended to cry after his (harmless) punch. He stood there for a moment and his little face clearly showed consideration. Then he leaned over and gave me a hug. Not just 'a' hug. His little hands on my arms were patting me as in compassion and comfort. Exactly like we do to him, when he would have hurt himself. How endearing!

The punching?? He tried it one more time after that, but did not like the reaction he got. I think he gave up on it. At least I hope so. He loves to make people laugh, not cry and I hope he will follow our example by being a help and not a hurt to others.

He seems to be well on his way. He loves help out and make people laugh. He is good at it too. :-)

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Awww... This is so endearing =)
Lil KC cares for you very much, Lieve Zus.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 9:16:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
He is sweet, he cares for everybody.:-)

God's Grace.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014