Home
« Home | Next: Soap Art »
| Next: Divine Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Entertainment Galore »
| Next: Divine Art II »
| Next: Divine Art »
| Next: Bean Art - Materials »
| Next: See Clearly! »
| Next: Bean Art II »
| Next: Car Art »
| Next: Bean Art »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fascinating Art

I have been to a museum a few times and even though I am an art lover, I was looking for the well lit exit signs pretty quick. What good does it do to see a famous painting from at least 9 feet away, while I would have loved to see it up close?

Pictures on the Internet of the particular painting would have suited me better. I would have been able to look at those up close, as long as I wanted without being restricted by ropes and it would not have cost me a thing.

One of the museums that really held my interest was a toy museum. The stories behind these toys held a great fascination to me. Some of the toys were a century old and still in very good condition. Every now and then there was a small explanation of the item and a little background on its previous owners, where it was manufactured, or by whom it was donated.

I could have spend days in that exciting place and was very disappointed, when the EXIT SIGNS indicated the end of the tour. As far as I was concerned it was way too short.

I suppose that is another thing why TV shows like the Antiques Roadshow are so appealing to me. The things people bring by all have their own story to tell and if there is no information on it, the experts will give it in detail.

It is truly amazing what trouble people go through to have their possessions appraised. Some even bring large furniture, just to find out it was not even worth their time, trouble and gas. It is sad to think you own something of value and are being told: "It's hardly worth anything. Here is your Exit Sign!"

At least they know for sure and don't have to keep wondering anymore. For the same token it could have been priceless.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014