Home
« Home | Next: Fabric Paint Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Relax To Recharge »
| Next: Fabric Paint Art II »
| Next: Ceiling Fans and Art »
| Next: Fabric Paint Art »
| Next: Golden Art »
| Next: More Flower Power »
| Next: Lifting The Financial Bind »
| Next: Flower Power »
| Next: Mail Box Art »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, April 16, 2010

Lost In Translation

I don't know if you are aware of it when reading my blog, but I am born and raised in The Netherlands. In case you can't tell when scouring through my posts then that must mean I am doing a great job with the English language.

I should, after so many years of living here and hearing and speaking nothing but English. There still are times though when I am having trouble with the translation. Every now and then I have to use a translator to find the proper English word.

Imagine having a business and wanting to sell products or services in other countries; usually the language would cause problems. It would be beneficial to hire translators who have all the skills needed to fluently translate what you want to convey in any given language.

It is not only a matter of how to translate words, but to make the sentences structurally sound as well. Better yet: to make it sound like they came from a native of that particular country. Not everyone has that ability, but there are professionals who are more then happy to help out in short order.

My advice is to take that help. It will save you heaps of trouble, a lot of misunderstandings and you are assured that the meaning will not get lost in translation!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014