Home
« Home | Next: Polymer Clay Art »
| Next: Worth It »
| Next: Golf Tee Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: O Blogging Friends, Where Art Thou? »
| Next: Golf Tee Art II »
| Next: A Good Back-Up Plan »
| Next: Golf Tee Art »
| Next: Credit Art »
| Next: Golf Ball Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: An Artistic Invention »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Resourceful Rain Harvesting

I enjoy gardening and it is a challenge finding out which plants and trees do well in our climate and which ones don't. Once I know, it comes down to putting them together in such an artistic way, that the height, color of the flowers, and shape and color of the leaves compliment each other.

Incorporating a few shrubs which need lots of water is possible, but my experience is that they grow best when watered with rain water, instead of tap water. Don't ask me why; I don't know, but the latter just keeps them alive, while rain prods them to grow. I would need several rain barrels for storage though.

It is not very difficult finding a rain barrel for sale; it can easily and quickly be purchased online. It presents me with the big question however as to where to put it and what the most strategically place would be, for gathering up as much rain water as possible.

Even though it can be very hot and dry in our area during the summer, I would not have any trouble with rain harvesting; when it rains, it pours and it would fill up several barrels in no time. Placing them under a downspout would be the easiest thing to do, were it not for the fact that we don't have any!

I just realized that our house does not have any gutters. Hence, no downspouts either. That would mean that filling up rain water barrels is a matter of trial and error. I would have to find the best spots where it pours down from the roof. I don't think I will have a problem with that; I am rather resourceful. Grin.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014