Home
« Home | Next: Golf Ball Art »
| Next: The Heat Is On »
| Next: Kieron Williamson's Economical Impact »
| Next: Dual Survival »
| Next: The Way To Go »
| Next: Kieron Williamson's Work »
| Next: Tiling The Screen »
| Next: About Kieron Williamson »
| Next: An Ongoing Work of Art »
| Next: Mail Box Art - Materials and Equipment »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yard and Art

Our backyard is rather large and beside one, dark pink Crate Myrtle, it consists of nothing else but grass. I have gotten some seeds and a large pot with several other gorgeous plants and am waiting for fall to put them in a permanent place. I am considering planting them under and around the Crate Myrtle, incorporating a few stone garden benches and creating a serene place to sit.

We had a couple of benches in our yard before, but they were made out of cast iron sides and wooden slabs. Yeah, the wood rotted in no time and both benches had to go. That was too bad, because both our grandsons loved to climb and sit on them. That prompted the idea to purchase stone benches, the next time.

I have seen these benches on several occasions in other people's yards and they always seem to be surrounded by this atmosphere of tranquility. Why, or how, it is possible they reflect this I don't know, but they always invite to sit down and just chill out. I suppose that is the reason why they are often being used as memorial benches as well.

How the landscaping is going to turn out; I don't know yet. I am not even sure whether to go with a modern, Victorian, or contemporary style bench. My heart is set on making a round flowerbed underneath the tree which would go perfectly with the curved garden benches I love so much. I am so looking forward getting started, but for now I am benched by the heat!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014