Home
« Home | Next: Pencil Art II »
| Next: Keep Your Cool »
| Next: Pencil Art »
| Next: Web Hosting Art »
| Next: smART »
| Next: Dog Art - Grooming »
| Next: Overlooked Art »
| Next: Mosaic Art - Materials And Supplies »
| Next: Mosaic Art / Pique Assiette »
| Next: Mosaic Art »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, May 29, 2009

Pencil Art - Materials And Supplies

You don't really need that much to get a drawing going: some (colored) pencils, a smudger, sharpener, sketchbook, ruler and some erasers will do the trick.

I personally do not like to use a smudger because it does not give me the effect in the grey scales that I am after. I rather use my fingers to smudge. Depending on the applied pressure, I can determine how light or dark I want the outcome to be.

I also use two different kind of erasers: a regular, rectangle one for the larger areas and one in pencil form for the more intricate details.

Be sure to get the right kind of paper. Your drawing will not come out as perfect as it could have been when you use just any kind of paper.

Most craft stores will carry all the supplies and materials you may need. In case they don't, you can easily find them online.

Books on how to start may be very helpful and if you like, you may want to solicit the help of tracing paper to create a rough outline of your drawing.

Give it a try and see what works best for you.

Maybe you find out you are drawn to this art. :-)

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014