Home
« Home | Next: My Projects - Customized And Personalized Frames »
| Next: Take Advantage Of The Housing Stimulus »
| Next: A Different Kind Of Button Art »
| Next: Always Something To Watch »
| Next: Coming Soon »
| Next: A Passion »
| Next: The Art Of Moving »
| Next: Balloon Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Business Boost »
| Next: Balloon Art II »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Art Of Looking Before You Leap

You may not really have noticed, but I have a slide show in my right side bar which displays several of my drawings. When I posted some of my work when I started this blog, I had a couple of requests for a print and that gave me the idea to set up a site selling some of my artwork.

After searching the Internet I found a web hosting provider who seemed to serve the purpose, offered all the right features and met my requirements. Little did I know that all of my hard labor and efforts would be to no avail.

After finally having set up my site it turned out that no one could buy anything; the shopping cart feature did not work. Contacting the host was useless because they did not reply to any of my complaints.

I wished I had checked them out first, before going through all that trouble. There often are reviews of users of a web hosting provider which will give a good impression of the service and its utilization. It is better to find out the flaws beforehand then experiencing them first hand.

The smartest thing to do is looking for the best webhosting service right of the bat. There is plenty of information available which will come up with a list of excellent and reliable providers. My advice would be: use it. This will save you a lot of aggravation and frustration!

After this failure of setting up my 'business' site, I have not made another attempt to market my drawings. The site is only there for displaying the creative results of my drawing abilities, but I might take my own advice and find a web hosting service with a good reputation.

Yeah, this time I will look before I leap and read the reviews as well, before I waste my time again!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014