Home
« Home | Next: Shedding Light On Arts And Crafts »
| Next: Micro Art »
| Next: Where There's A Will There's A Way »
| Next: Maori Art - Weaving »
| Next: Art We Take For Granted »
| Next: Hal Lasko's Work »
| Next: About Hal Lasko »
| Next: #FuelABetterYou: Loose By Winning »
| Next: Scaled Down Art »
| Next: An Arty Parking Spot »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Betty Boop Project

After having crocheted the banks for our grandchildren, our youngest daughter put in a request to make her one as well.

I had no problem with that at all, as long as I knew what kind of bank to make her. I knew she likes the colors red and black and after ample consideration I thought she might enjoy a bank with the shapely forms of Betty Boop.

Since I had no clue how it was going to turn out, I didn't mention anything to her. I simply pulled down a picture of the subject of the Internet and went to work. It worked out well and Betty Boop was a smashing success.

Besides the fact that she turned out a little too shapely on top and the dress could have a little more heart-shape to it, I don't think it was bad for a first try. It sure was a lot of work. I had to come up ways to permanently curl her hair, make bracelets, earrings, and a garter.

I was able to create the curls by using glue and letting them dry in their desired form. They stay even after opening and closing the bank. That is done by widening the opening on top of her head.

Closing it is done with the drawstring which is tucked away under her hair. Gold colored ribbon is used for the jewelry and yes, she even has real nail polish to show off her nails.

It was fun to do and so is the project I am working on now. I am close to finishing it and will post a picture of it as soon as I am done. You can take that to the bank!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014