Home
« Home | Next: Critter's Cooings »
| Next: Twins »
| Next: Just For Fun »
| Next: Footloose »
| Next: Wrist Wrestling »
| Next: See You Soon! »
| Next: Make A Move »
| Next: Haunting Questions »
| Next: Nature's Gift »
| Next: Bon Appetite »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, October 29, 2007

Complaint Department

Ok, it's not all a bed of roses. How appropriate, haha. I just got out of the yard: digging, planting, raking, sweeping. And I can already tell I overdid it. How I hate those consequences!

And since this is my blog and complaints are welcome, I might as well set the example by being the first one to do so. At least I will feel better afterwards, just to have gotten if of my chest. I know it's all frustration and aggravation, not being able to do as I would like, without having to pay the price, which is pain. It's like having had a thorough workout and you feel your muscles ache the next couple of days. Project that pain and stiffness in your joints and you get the pic. Not very pleasant huh? Yeah yeah...hardheaded, I knew it up front. If only that soil hadn't been so hard to dig in! ( Hey, I have to put the blame on something! Can't be me, haha.)

I just love working in the yard. It always gives me so much pleasure and satisfaction to see God's creations grow and flourish. And since I can't have flowers in our backyard, because the darn dog digs em up, ( I say darn dog, but I love her to death...sometimes I want to, literally though, haha.) I have to plant them in the front-yard. Digging there is difficult and it did cross my mind that I might regret it, but I constantly hope that I won't. False hope, sigh. And there is pride involved too...I can do it, I will do it! My fingers and wrists are already getting stiff and sore. So are my shoulders. Why did I get that stupid disease? It tends to get me down a little. I will prolly not be able to do much for the rest of the day and I dread the evening, for it will get worse. I think I will develop a good relationship with my painkillers tonight.

Hmm, sounds like a case of selfpity. But it is good to be able to complain ( don't worry, I won't make a habit out of it. I usually am pretty tough when it comes to physical pain:-) It also helps to put things in perspective and to see the options. I can stop overdoing or pay the price. The price must have been worth it to me, for I am paying, haha. And the selfpity? All happens for a reason!

I haven't been in pain for so long (except for the times I inflicted it upon myself, duhhh...) And like I mentioned so often in my previous posts: I haven't had flare ups for a long time. So, instead of complaining, I should be grateful and count my blessings! I have so many. One of them is...the yard looks nice! Another one...Thank the Lord for painkillers:-)

Thank you all for reading and listening to my ranting and raving. It sure helped:-)

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Oh Lieve Zus

It's ok and alright to share about your pain.
You're going through a lot.
You're a very strong lady.

Please take care.
(((HUGS)))

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
It sure is a lot easier having such good friends like yourself! :-)

God's Grace.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014