Home
« Home | Next: Find Your Strength »
| Next: Colored Traffic »
| Next: Temple »
| Next: Disabled Or Enabled »
| Next: Rheumatoid Arthritis »
| Next: This sure is Faith! »
| Next: Brain-Strain »
| Next: Pumpkins »
| Next: Prison »
| Next: A True Act of Kindness »

Arts and Crafts

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tip And Trick

Thank the Lord for all those small gadgets that make life so much easier!

I always had to ask someone to open a new jar or bottle, just because I don't have the strength and when my stubbornness would kick in, I would pay for at least 2 to 3 days with stiffness and pain. Well...that's not necessary anymore.

I got that neat little kitchen aid that I place on the lid of the jar, a little push and it pops the vacuum. It takes hardly any effort then to twist the lid.
An electric can opener takes care of the cans and with a peeler I have no problems attacking potatoes, apples etc. Being able to do it myself gives me my sense of independence back. (Yep, that's pride talking, I admit it)

I also got this little tip a while back that I would like to share. Often the lack of grip is giving problems holding the cutlery. You can buy special cutlery, but it's cheaper to buy some foam tube insulation at any hardware store, cut it in the length you need and slide it over the handle. It gives a perfect grip and you can even handwash it when/if need be. It is also simple to carry in a purse or to have some as a reserve in your glove-compartment. In that case a surprise-dinner (poking hubby) can be fun instead of a dread.

I would like to include this site http://www.aidsforarthritis.com/ that I checked out and found all these helpful things on. When I stumble across more, I will let you know.

These were just a few tricks and a tip (of the iceberg ). I am sure there are many more and I would love to hear them. So if you have one...Please share it. You might make someone's day:-)

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014