Home
« Home | Next: Food Poisoning »
| Next: Praising Fun »
| Next: Wrong Number Or.... »
| Next: Ditching Diapers »
| Next: Never A Dull Moment »
| Next: Cherry Flavored Fun »
| Next: Experiences and Recommendations »
| Next: All In Good Fun »
| Next: Dressing and Games »
| Next: Splashing Fun »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Learning Language

Last week, I was over at April's house and visiting with her and the boys. Each time we see lil' Kc, it seems like his vocabulary has grown. Instead of just vowels, he is throwing out more complicated words. Some are even real words, some are abbreviations, most are still totally encrypted, haha.

Opa came to pick me up and as soon as he stepped in the door, lil' Kc got the biggest smile and wanted to be held by him. Opa picked him up, instead of me (grin), but had to put him down again, because he was in urgent need of seeing the bathroom. He put Kc down, went to the bathroom with Kc following him all the way, until the door got closed on him.

Lil' Kc came running back to the living-room, stopped, made a movement with his hand as if he pushed something aside and said; "Piong!"

Both April and I looked at each other and she said:"That was a real word! I am not sure what it means."

I replied:"I think I do. It's like he is saying 'Opa is gone'."

I told lil' Kc that Opa was going to be back and he looked in the direction of the bathroom, saw Opa come back, and his little face lit up again.

I can't wait for him to talk to where we can understand him fully. I would love to know what goes on in that little head of his. I hope he has a feel for languages. I intend to teach him Dutch as well.

For now, he can teach me his language. Oma is an eager student. :-)

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa!
You understand Lil KC so well =)

Sunday, August 03, 2008 3:45:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Yeah, I never grew up, hahaha.

God's Grace.

Sunday, August 03, 2008 5:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014