Home
« Home | Next: He Did It »
| Next: Making Fun »
| Next: Joys and Messes »
| Next: Critter's Cooings VII »
| Next: What??? »
| Next: Little Rascal »
| Next: Meadow Freshness »
| Next: Riddle »
| Next: Jan Kruis' Economical Impact »
| Next: One Of Those Days »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Splashing Fun

Time to get our oldest grand son ready for church. A bath is in order, but first I have to clean up a big mess. The little stinker managed to produce a huge present for me.

I get him out of his pyjamas, get rid of his present and the sticky residue left behind (don't you just love the picture I just painted you? Grin). And off to the bathroom we go.

He is standing next to me, waiting impatiently to get in the tub, while I mix the water to a comfortable temperature. It is ready and I am about to pick him up and lift him in the bath tub.

I turn towards him, just in time to catch him looking down at the floor. He looks up at me, with this angelic, innocent expression on his little face. What's that all about? Looking down, I notice the puddle at his feet. Uh oh, maybe it's time for potty-training? I clean it up, while he is splashing around, having a ball.

It seemed like he was big on making messes, that particular morning. Thinking back on when the girls were little though, there really is nothing new under the sun. I suppose the only difference is, being a grand mother and not having to do it 24/7, leaves more room for enjoying it and seeing the comical side of it.

Yeah, I enjoy it to the fullest. :-)

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Lieve Zus

"You enjoy it to the fullest..."
You're a very positive lady who looks at the bright side of everything.
I'm so happy by your positive encouragement =)

Friday, July 18, 2008 1:24:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Being a grandmother is a bliss! :-)

I am blessed with encouraging friends like you. :-)

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Friday, July 18, 2008 3:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014