Home
« Home | Next: Are You A Friend? »
| Next: Karel Appel's Work »
| Next: Little Angel »
| Next: Snickering Away »
| Next: About Karel Appel »
| Next: So Comfy »
| Next: A Safe Place »
| Next: Smiles and Blessings »
| Next: Hand Kisses »
| Next: Here We Go Again »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Talks and Grins

Little Leo loves to 'talk'. He puts his entire little body in telling you, what is on his little mind and grins from ear to ear, when he gets your feed-back.

Last weekend, while I was holding him, he was sharing some of his thoughts with me. He produced all kinds of sounds and coos, to which I replied, of course, as if I knew what he was babbling about. No, I didn't, but that cute face and big smile indicated, he was having a ball. Yep, me too, haha.

He seemed to enjoy me echoing his sounds. That went back and forth for a bit, until I decided to throw in a sound of a different kind. I made the 'Ooooo'-sound and Leo fell totally silent. He was fixated on my mouth and observing every move I made. The sound that came out of it, left him in awe.

His mouth formed in the right shape to produce it, but apparently he didn't know how. I stopped torturing the little critter and said: "Aaaaa", a sound which I know is part of his vocabulary. Big grin and he responded with A's, E's, coos and smiles.

One day he will surprise us by saying: "Ooooooo-pa and Ooooooo-ma". :-D

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa!
The last paragraph is the best =)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:15:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Yeahhh, I am so looking forward to it.:-D

God's Grace.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014