Home
« Home | Next: Sure, Call Me Trailer Trash »
| Next: A Cute Surprise »
| Next: Growing Admiration »
| Next: No Problem »
| Next: Sand Sculpting Tips And Tricks »
| Next: In Training »
| Next: Sand Sculpting »
| Next: Happy New Year »
| Next: Some Tips »
| Next: Be Careful With What You Teach »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Being Blond Pays Off

Even though I may be considered to be part of the 'dumb blonde sisterhood', there are times it pays to be blonde and ignorant.

This joke, that I got in the mail, sure is one of those great examples of how things can be perceived, received, and understood.

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with an expensive double-pane energy efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago, and I still hadn't paid for them.

Well, hellloooo,...........just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid.

So, I told him exactly what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!

Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up. He never called back.

Guess I won that stupid argument.

I bet he felt like an idiot.

It got me laughing out loud, but it also pointed out, that one has to be very clear with what is meant.

I suppose, that is why the small print is invented, huh? I guess this contractor did not have any!

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

HaHa! This is so funny =)

Friday, January 23, 2009 12:21:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
I thought so. There sure was no way to argue with this reasoning, huh?! Hahaha.

God's Grace.

Friday, January 23, 2009 9:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014