Home
« Home | Next: Sugar Art »
| Next: Work From Home Art »
| Next: Reptile Show »
| Next: Edible Children's Art »
| Next: Home Art »
| Next: Bottle Cap Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Securing Art »
| Next: Bottle Cap Art II »
| Next: Creative With Arbors »
| Next: Bottle Cap Art »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, July 19, 2010

Collecting Coins

I have been thinking about starting another collection, although I am not sure what to collect. I already have several thimbles and quite a lot of crystal figurines, but the thought of collecting coins is very appealing.

I suppose it runs in the family; my grandfather was a coin collector and so is one of my uncles. I am not sure where my grandpa's collection ended up at after he died, but I know he had several gold coins in his possession and was very proud of that.

From what I understood, he had several, very old and valuable coins and kept them in a special safe. He also used to collect commemoratives and had bought multiple of those for his children and grandchildren. We all inherited some after he passed away.

Those coins could be a good jumping-off point starting a collection. I don't know yet; I will ponder on it some more.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014