Home
« Home | Next: Mailbox Art III »
| Next: The Art Of Tutoring »
| Next: Mailbox Art II »
| Next: Multiple Sclerosis and Art »
| Next: Mailbox Art »
| Next: Shopping for Back to School Supplies »
| Next: The Creative Mailbox »
| Next: Button Art IV »
| Next: Store More »
| Next: Button Art III »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, August 13, 2010

All My Children is the Best Soap Opera Ever

Thanks for the article from Laura Ryan

I never used to involve myself in soap operas. Then one day I got sick and had to stay home from work for a while. Daytime television proved to be incredibly boring. However, when I happened to flip through my directv channels in Texas and came across All My Children I suddenly found something to keep me interested.

Soap operas in general are boring to me. I had always thought these actors and actresses were overblown and untalented. They were overly emotional, their characters did strange things, and the acting was unbelievable. When I saw an episode of All My Children for the first time I found that my opinions were entirely wrong. These people had an actual capacity to act. I was shocked.

The storyline drew me in slowly. Apparently, Edmund's wife Mariah had been in a coma and she was now with some other guy because she didn't know any better. I didn't know who any of these people were but Mariah, played by Eva La Rue, was more than attractive and interesting enough for me to believe two men might war over her heart and mind. Eventually I became caught up in the continuing story arcs and even became mildly offended at the fact that Susan Lucci, who plays the incredibly popular Erica Cane, never seems to win an Emmy despite continual nominations.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014