Home
« Home | Next: Kirigami - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Kirigami II »
| Next: Exploring In Comfort »
| Next: Kirigami »
| Next: Origami - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Labeled With Art »
| Next: Origami - Different Types »
| Next: Little Visitors! »
| Next: Origami II »
| Next: Trip to the Library »

Arts and Crafts

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cal Arts Musicains and Dancers Are A Good Match

This guest post from Doris Dillon

I met my best friend, Sidney, when I was going to California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California. My first year, I lived in the Cal Arts dorms and that proved to be a daily challenge for sleep and sanity. The next semester, I got a small off-campus rented townhouse in Newhall, complete with furnishings, a garage and peace of mind. Before class, I set my ALLHOMESECURITY home security alarm system, then head out for a long day of classes and rehearsals in the music department, never knowing when I'm going to be done for the day or if I will have to rehearse through the night.

I'm in the general music school for classical piano and Sid is a dancer at the Institute. Our class schedules often clash with each other, but Sid manages to get down to my apartment at least three or four times a week for some much needed escapism from the hectic lives we live at Cal Arts. Most of the students up here hang out with others in their same department, but I found I have a lot in common with the dancers and they open my creative mind to knew levels. Sid and I are going to be BFFs for life and he really connects with music and understands my art form. This is a special male/female relationship, but so far, we are just friends. Sid is one of those kinds of people that you never want to exit your life, whether you hook up romantically or not. He's gorgeous, kind, caring and creative: Love you Sidney.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014