Home
« Home | Next: "V" »
| Next: Care...Less »
| Next: The Price is Right »
| Next: "U" »
| Next: "T" »
| Next: Smiley Face »
| Next: "S" »
| Next: Love it, Hate it! »
| Next: "R" »
| Next: Near and Dear »

Arts and Crafts

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Our Daily Bread


Even a broken tree has it's function.

I guess we can all relate to this, because we all experience it at one time or another. You have a splitting headache, upset stomach, the flu or diarrhea ( a race-case as I call it, haha). I don't think there has ever been one person on this earth who escaped either one of them. When that occurs, I love to be cared for and comforted, get some sympathy and I don't mind if someone takes over my responsibilities for the time being. As a matter of fact, I am so grateful when they do. But... and here is the big question: Why does it make me angry when it concerns my RA? My attitude is totally contrary to what is mentioned above.

Anger is actually hurt. I get hurt when I am being told to sit down and let someone else do it, because I have RA and it wouldn't benefit me doing it. I like to scream out: I CAN DO IT! Ok, I have to take my time and go slow and not overdo, but I CAN do it. I know it is meant well and born out of love and care, but why does it hurt? I do however appreciate the warning "not to overdo". What/where is the difference?

Pondering on it, I came to this conclusion:
The first one is negative: I am acknowledged as a disfunctional person who can't do anything. The second one is positive: I am acknowledge as a functional person who just has to be careful.

Those ailments like headache etc, are short-lived. They pass in a day (or so) and you resume your daily life. The imposing on others is temporary. RA is a permanent condition. To impose on others constantly is to me like "crying wolf " and using them. Not that I am, it just feels that way.

I have what I need to be able to do the things I have to and need to. I am a person just like you. So please, don't be offended when someone declines your help saying they can do it themselves. Be encouraged and grateful. I am. God gives all of us our daily bread:-) That knowledge in itself is encouraging!

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Dearest Lieve Zus

You're a very strong lady =)
I admire you.
I'm very encouraged by you too.

(((HUGS)))

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Awww, thanks. I hoped I would be encouraging with sharing all this. I know from experience how difficult it is to find some hope.
But good friends like you are the ones that make it worth and work! :-)

God's Grace.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014