Home
« Home | Next: Scrapbooking »
| Next: Artistic Battle »
| Next: Duct Tape Art - History, Materials And Supplies »
| Next: Duct Tape Art II »
| Next: Duct Tape Art »
| Next: Wood Art - Match Sticks Materials And Kits »
| Next: Wood Art - Match Sticks II »
| Next: Wood Art - Match Sticks »
| Next: Wood Art - Carving Tools And Materials »
| Next: Rain Reigned »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Small Print

Even though I may be considered to be part of the 'dumb blonde sisterhood', there are times it pays to be blonde and ignorant.

This joke, that I got in the mail, sure is one of those great examples of how things can be perceived, received, and understood.

'Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with an expensive double-pane energy efficient kind.

Today, I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago, and I still hadn't paid for them.

Well, hellloooo,...........just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid.

So, I told him exactly what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!

Helllooooo? It's been a year! I told him.

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up. He never called back.

Guess I won that stupid argument.

I bet he felt like an idiot.'

It got me laughing out loud, but it also pointed out, that one has to be very clear with what is meant.

I suppose, that is why the small print is invented, huh? I guess this contractor did not have any!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014