Home
« Home | Next: Pen and Ink Art II »
| Next: Pen and Ink Art »
| Next: Designer Art »
| Next: Spaced Out »
| Next: Tea Wrapper Art - Materials And Supplies »
| Next: Black Dot Art »
| Next: Tea Wrapper Art II »
| Next: Tea Wrapper Art »
| Next: Craft And Art Ideas »
| Next: Towel Art - Materials »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, July 06, 2009

Pen and Ink Art - Materials

I remember when I went to elementary school, I learned to write by having to use one of these old ink pens. We did not really have a good bond together. I wasted lots of ink trying to come up with the ultimate ink blot, unwillingly, I have to add.

After several years fighting to master the art of writing without messing up, we were finally allowed to use fountain pens and in my last year of elementary even ball points!

Where in times past letters and drawings were done with a sharpened goose feather and ink, nowadays we have more sophisticated materials to our disposal.

Of course my old fiend is still around and used many times to create some wonderful art, but there are different widths available as well. They range from small to broad and you can change the tips out as you need.

Even the colors of ink have expanded over the years. Where it used to be just black or blue, now a wide array of colors can be chosen from.

Most of the materials can be bought in craft and art stores, as well as online. There are several books available teaching the basics of this art, but if you rather follow a class, there are lots of pen and ink art lessons you can follow. I even encountered free lessons being offered online.

I hope you are better at it then I was and are able to skip the ink blot test. Have fun!

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger M.M.E. said...

As a pen and ink artist myself, I'm glad you including rapidograph pens in your collection. They're my favorite! Great website here.

Friday, July 10, 2009 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

M.M.E.
Welcome to my blog. It is nice to hear first hand what materials are use and preferred.

I enjoyed your art. Thumbs up!:-)

God's Grace.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014