Home
« Home | Next: Grass Art II »
| Next: Connecting The Dots »
| Next: Grass Art I »
| Next: Bead Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Bead Art II »
| Next: Bead Art »
| Next: Some More Art Of Improvising »
| Next: Culinary Art »
| Next: The Art Of Improvising »
| Next: Water Damage Control »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, December 14, 2009

Grass Art - Materials And Equipment

Most of the materials for this art/craft can be found in nature and it might be a good idea to pick decorative grasses during the summer and dry them. The best way to do that is to make small bundles and hang them upside down in a dry area for about two weeks.

Raffia can be bought in a multitude of colors in craft stores and specific other grasses can be found and purchased online as well.

Books on the subject..., I found none. With a little luck you may be able to find some patterns for making grass dolls or baskets, but even those are far and few in between.

I suppose you will have to venture out on your own and just give it a go. Depending on how you would like to use grass, it might be wise to keep a glue gun and glue sticks around, as well as some yarn or thread to bind it together with.

Should any of you know where to find books or workshops concerning this hobby, then I would appreciate you sharing it with 'the class'. Thanks so much!

link link link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Art said...

Oh man you are really a good writer.
I found ome good qualities in you.
That your art is different from others and attractive.
Man I think you will contineue in future too.

Please inform me for all of your article to read on My link please.

Thank you.

Monday, December 14, 2009 6:34:00 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Art,
Thank you!
You can subscribe to my blog and be automatically informed of all my new posts.

I hope this helps.

God's Grace.

Monday, December 14, 2009 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014