Home
« Home | Next: Smart Art »
| Next: Decoupage »
| Next: Furniture And Art »
| Next: From The Nicknack Stand »
| Next: Outside Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Cars and Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art II »
| Next: Locker Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, April 12, 2010

Storm Glass Candle Holders

Storm glass candle holders, or classic glass hurricane candle holders as they are called as well, are usually filled with a layer of sand, some shells and a candle. Every now and then they are filled with decorative balls and I have even seen them with small Christmas balls.

When I got this candle holder it was filled with some Styrofoam, small sticks which are normally used for holding flowers up were stuck in it. Since I am a chocoholic, they were holding chocolate bars in all kinds of different sizes and flavors. It was such a creative idea, it blew me away. No, the chocolate 'bouquet' did not last very long. :-)

I loved the candle holder and put some artificial flowers on the bottom and made a small arrangement of more silk flowers. Not too many because I still wanted to have the attention drawn to the holder and not to the flowers. A gold sparkling ribbon accentuated the holder and now it is a joy each time I look at it.

I tried to find art or other craft ideas for these candle holders, but so far without any luck. I will dive deeper in to it soon; I would be surprised if there wasn't any.

I will storm the Internet, but I don't expect the search to be as smooth as glass.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014