Home
« Home | Next: Altered Jar Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Cars and Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art II »
| Next: Locker Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art »
| Next: The Art of Packing »
| Next: My CD Art »
| Next: Beauty Art »
| Next: Quick, Simple and Cheap Art »
| Next: The Nicknack Stand »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, April 09, 2010

Outside Art

Creating art does not restrict itself to just hobbies and crafts; it goes way beyond that. The knowledge and experience gained by it may be very helpful and useful though giving your house and home better curb appeal.

At present, I am in the process of painting. Nope, not on canvas; the outside of the house, doors and our little storage building. It needed another coat of paint and the patience and skills acquired through crafting sure come in handy.

It also gives me ideas of what else can be done to spruce up the outside of our home. I already know I would like to have some window flower boxes. The only reason why I hadn't bought any yet was unawareness of the fact that they also come in vinyl, metal and fiber glass.

I was under the impression that window boxes always were made out of wood and taking in account the humidity here at the Gulf coast, those would not last very long. That problem is solved now and I already got my eye on several which would complement the house and its surroundings.

The storage building will definitely be adorned with a window box and I am considering hanging one under the kitchen window as well. I am not settled on the latter; it might be overkill. I will ponder on it some more.

It just occurred to me that I don't even have to hang them. Now there is a thought; I could place window plant boxes on each side of the front porch. That would be pretty and I don't think I would have come up with the idea if it hadn't been for practicing arts and crafts; it stimulates resourcefulness!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014