Home
« Home | Next: Locker Art »
| Next: Altered Jar Art »
| Next: The Art of Packing »
| Next: My CD Art »
| Next: Beauty Art »
| Next: Quick, Simple and Cheap Art »
| Next: The Nicknack Stand »
| Next: No Coffee Art »
| Next: Leading Art »
| Next: Box Art - Materials and Equipment »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Altered Jar Art II

I love all the different applications for jars. One of the things I had not even considered was painting them and I was pleasantly surprised when I came across that idea. It is another option which goes on my list of craft possibilities.

I suppose the scenes are painted with water colors and then coated afterwards with a matt finish to preserve them. Maybe Polyurethane or a clear varnish?? I would have to look in to that.

I already was aware of the option of filling them with colored sand. For some unknown reason, that does not appeal to me. Oddly enough, I would not have the patience for it, but I have great admiration for the people who do and the creations which come out of their hands.

It is weird; I don't mind pushing pepper corns one by one through the neck of a very small bottle, but just the thought of filling it with colored sand is already nerve wrecking to me.

To each his own, huh?!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014