Home
« Home | Next: Enjoyable Visions »
| Next: Maurits Escher's Work »
| Next: Artistic Curb Appeal »
| Next: Christmas Art »
| Next: My Beautiful Knockout Rose Bushes »
| Next: My Wreath Art »
| Next: About Maurits Escher »
| Next: Lifting Art »
| Next: Optical Illusion Art II »
| Next: Optical Illusion Art »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Altered Jar Art. All Aboard!

I have several of these miniature trains. After having made one in a small jar, I thought it would be nice doing another one. This time I wanted to make it look a little more lifelike and made rails out of sticks on which I glued the train.

The rounded jar presented a problem concerning how to affix the tracks. I solved it by cutting a piece of construction paper to the desired length, making sure to cut a little more then twice the needed width.

The top of the paper on which the tracks went is exactly the width fitting the jar. Determining the middle of it, I folded the rest of the paper under and covered the bottom with double stick material and glued the train on top. To mimic the gravel under the tracks, I cut cardboard in to tiny pieces and glued it between and on the sides.

Once done, I pealed back the protective layer of the sticky stuff, carefully placed the creation in the jar and adhered it to the jar by sticking a pair of scissors in between the fold and pushing it down. A few pieces of artificial flowers complement the scenery.

All that was left doing was to put the lid back on and cover it with florist tape. Oh, I almost forgot; you can't see it in the photo, but I cut a piece of paper in the shape of a tunnel and attached that to the inside of the lid. Yeah, it does look like the train just came out of it.

I enjoyed this little project and am considering doing something similar, but on a larger scale. Those are my train of thoughts!

link link link

2 Comments:

Blogger audrey` said...

Wow! It's so lovely! You're very gifted, Leive Zus =)

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Corry said...

Audrey,
Awww, thank you!

God's Grace.

Monday, May 31, 2010 8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014