Home
« Home | Next: From The Nick-Crack Stand »
| Next: Preserving Art »
| Next: Another Altered Jar Art Project »
| Next: The Art Of Sharing »
| Next: Maurits Escher's Economical Impact »
| Next: Find It Quick And Easy »
| Next: Cute Art »
| Next: Funny, Creative and Helpful »
| Next: Optical Illusion Art III »
| Next: Encryption Art »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, June 04, 2010

The Value Of Art

I love watching the 'Antique Roadshow' and am constantly baffled by the value of the items people bring. Paintings and sketches always draw my attention. It is quite fascinating hearing how they spotted the artworks in an attic, bought them for a song in a yard sale or even found them in a pile of garbage.

Artwork is not cheap these days and I sometimes wonder how people are still able to afford it. They either must have a really excellent credit score to get a substantial loan or have lots of cash lying around. The latter seems unlikely to me, taking in account the current economic situation, but then again you never know.

One thing is for sure; even with our good credit report we would not be able to buy a work of art from a renowned artist. That is okay though, we don't really need it. I simply fabricate and display my own pieces of art.

I sincerely doubt they will be worth much in the future. Therefore, should you ever be able to lay your hands on one of my projects; don't expect it to be worth much, if any at all.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014