Home
« Home | Next: Chocolate Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: How Inventive »
| Next: Brilliant Art!!! »
| Next: Chocolate Art II »
| Next: Chocolate Art »
| Next: Gourd Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Blurry Vision »
| Next: Aging Art II »
| Next: Super Clean »
| Next: Aging Art »

Arts and Crafts

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Dollhouse

My father was very creative and had several artistic abilities. He could draw very well and had a way of working with wood. He was a carpenter at heart and chose that as his profession at first, but had to set it aside due to lack of work at that time.

He ended up a coalminer and died at an early age as a result of a brain tumor. I was not even two years old when he passed away and therefore have no memory of him. The reason why I am telling you all this is because sometimes I get a little melancholic when seeing something so beautiful as a dollhouse.

There is no doubt in my mind that my father would have built me one and he would have gone out of his ways to handcraft any kind of dollhouse furniture one could imagine.

The opportunity never arose and even though I didn't get to play with a dollhouse when I was young, I can still have one now. I sure intend to, especially having a granddaughter now.

It will be great fun decorating, furnishing and playing with the dollhouse when she is a little older. I would love to have real light fixtures in every room and the kitchen equipped with modern appliances. I am not sure yet whether to go classic or colonial in the living room, but it will have the fire place I always wanted.

We definitely need a fully furnished office and a nursery with a crib, a changing table, a dresser and let's not forget a rocking horse! A tasteful Victorian master bedroom comes to mind, including a vanity and a children's bedroom.

Maybe we can even designate another room for guests and to top it all off; nice, wooden flooring and drapes. We will not forget the outside. We may do some landscaping by 'planting' a few bushes and topiaries, get a cute patio set and a grill.

Just thinking about all this puts a smile on my face. Oh yes, we will have our dollhouse! :-)

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014