Home
« Home | Next: Saving Art »
| Next: Key Board Art »
| Next: More Uses For Frames »
| Next: The Art Of Looking Before You Leap »
| Next: My Projects - Customized And Personalized Frames »
| Next: Take Advantage Of The Housing Stimulus »
| Next: A Different Kind Of Button Art »
| Next: Always Something To Watch »
| Next: Coming Soon »
| Next: A Passion »

Arts and Crafts

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bad Art?

I was neither aware of the fact that there was such a thing as bad art, nor that there even was a Museum for it located in Needham, Massachusetts. It is called the Museum of Bad Art or MOBA for short.

I may not like all the art I see, but to me that does not necessarily mean it is bad art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I would already be thrilled if my painting skills would come close to those of the artist who painted the one in the photo.

This painting was pulled from the trash and was the start of the museum in 1994. Nowadays, the museum's collection has grown to about 400, due to efforts of people worldwide.

I looked at some of the preserved artworks and they brought a smile of endearment to my face. At least those people were not afraid to give it a try. Well, good for you! Practice makes perfect and if you don't try, you will never get anywhere.

I would not have given this museum the name of bad art; I would have called it the 'Museum of Encouraging Artists'. How about 'Two Thumbs Up'?

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014