Home
« Home | Next: Leaf Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Covering The Basics »
| Next: Optical Illusion Art IV »
| Next: The Best Of The Best »
| Next: Leaf Art II »
| Next: Maybe Soon »
| Next: Leaf Art »
| Next: Another Box Art Project »
| Next: Georgian Crime Stats »
| Next: Christmas Sparkle »

Arts and Crafts

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Learning Skills from Barney

This is a guest post by my friend Elizabeth Monson

I try and limit the amount of TV my children watch each week. However, there are certain shows that I do allow them to watch. One of my daughter's favorite shows is Barney. Every Saturday morning I let her watch it on our satellite tv from tvbydirect.com.

There are a couple of reasons why I let my daughter watch Barney. One of the main reason I let my daughter watch Barney is because I think it is one of the few shows that are educational. Barney teaches kids their numbers and letters in a way that is fun for them. One of the other reasons I let them watch Barney is because I think it teaches them important social skills. For example on the Barney show kids learn how to share and play nicely with each other. The show also teaches children manners such as saying please and thank you. I think these skills are just as important for children to learn as any academic skill they will ever learn.

Barney is a clean and fun children's show that I think all parents should let their children watch. Between the educational and social skills children learn on the show children watching the show should be ready to start preschool or kindergarten.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014