Home
« Home | Next: Cornucopia Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: A Wide Selection Of Art »
| Next: Cornucopia Art II »
| Next: Flowery Art »
| Next: Cornucopia Art »
| Next: Creativity and Fun With Water »
| Next: Baby Hat Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Safe Artwork »
| Next: Baby Hat Art II »
| Next: Uniform Art »

Arts and Crafts

Monday, November 21, 2011

Recipes and Creativity

This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.

Unfortunately, I am not one of the most creative types when it pertains to cooking and coming up with new recipes. I leave that up to others and rather follow their instructions.

I don't think I ever made a dish with avocados and I don't understand why not; they are full of potassium, fiber, folate, vitamin C, E and all the B-complex vitamins that support memory and brain function. I always try to give our grandchildren fresh fruit and vegetables and avocados should be part of it, because they are essential for their development and growth.

When I read about the Mini Chef Video Contest, which started on November 14th and ends on December 4th, 2011, I thought that would be a great opportunity to get my creative juices flowing. No doubt I could come up with a 1-3 minute video of me and our grandchildren preparing a delicious avocado dish, have them explain why they love avocados and ensure the Avocados from Mexico jingle is included, but the only recipe idea I could come up with was a fruit salad

That is not very original and certainly would not win the grand prize of $1,000 in cash, an HD Camcorder, a Nintendo 3D, 2 games and a personalized Mini Chef jacket. I suspect it would not even be enough to win one of the nine runner up prizes which consist of an HD Camcorder, a Nintendo 3D and a personalized Mini Chef jacket.

Sorry for drawing a blank, but I sure got lots of new ideas and intend to make this adapted recipe by Chef Roberto Santibanez, since our grandchildren love Jello.

It only takes a package (3 ounces) of lime-flavored gelatin, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice and 2 avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped.

Preparing it is easy: prepare the gelatin in a bowl according to the directions on the package. Stir in the sugar and lime juice and chill until mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally. In a food processor, add avocado and gelatin mixture; process until smooth and creamy. Spoon mixture into six 2/3-cup molds or 1-quart serving dish; cover and chill until firm.

If you have a unique recipe, then fill out the Entry form and upload your video in the Enter Contest section of the Mini Chef Video Contest site. You will have no competition from me, because my creativity hit the wall!

New Message

Visit Sponsor's Site

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014