Home
« Home | Next: Denny Dent's Work »
| Next: Where have all the pamphlets gone? »
| Next: About Denny Dent »
| Next: State Of The Art For Less »
| Next: Needed Materials For Troll Art »
| Next: Artistic Direction »
| Next: Another Form Of Trolls »
| Next: Art For Success »
| Next: Troll History »
| Next: An Artistic, Security Solution »

Arts and Crafts

Friday, October 12, 2012

Buying Our First home

Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes

We bought a house! I know, I know, that’s not a huge deal for a lot of people but my wife and I have been saving up for this for years and now that the market has hopefully hit bottom we were able to buy a little bungalow. It’s a fixer upper, don’t get me wrong, but you know, at the end of the day that’s what we wanted because we could make it into something we really loved, you know? We’ve got big plans for the kitchen and the bathrooms and the yard but for now we need to handle the details. For example, my wife’s been on electriccompaniestexas.net for the last three days looking into the best electric company in our new area. I’ve been talking to our new neighbors about lawn maintenance companies and the city water supplier to find out about the regulations in the neighborhood. Neither of us have ever owned a home before so we want to go about this in the right way. It’s been such a fun time for us and I know my wife is chomping at the bit to get in there and decorate! Who would have thought we’d end up staying here in Texas and buying a house? We lived in a condo when we first met and we’ve had big dreams of moving to somewhere a bit more urban like New York or San Francisco. But you know, at the end of the day our families are here and we both love our jobs so we decided it made more sense to put down roots here and just travel when we felt compelled to. There’s something to be said for finding a place that truly feels like home and I know my wife and I both feel like that here in Texas. The people are friendly, the barbecue is great and the weather isn’t so bad once you get used to it. Well, it’s actually always pretty hot here.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014