Home
« Home | Next: The Art of Technology »
| Next: Jewelry P-ART-y »
| Next: About Norman Rockwell »
| Next: Medicinal Art II »
| Next: Medicinal Art »
| Next: Ship It »
| Next: The Reward »
| Next: Aluminum Foil Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Aluminum Foil Art II »
| Next: The Art of Wisdom »

Arts and Crafts

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poetry

I think poetry is a wonderful art. Some have the ability to put together such simple words in a way, that it goes straight to your heart. That was the case for me when reading the following poem:

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God
because He is my friend

But then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone
I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own

At last I snatched them back again and cried
"How can You be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "what could I do?
You never did let go."

~Author: Lauretta P. Burns 1957.

I think everyone can cook up a poem of some sorts; we all can come up with a word that would rhyme on almost any given word. I doubt though that it would make as much sense as this poem. I am not even going to give it a try, haha.

Applause for the author; this is beautiful poetry; no intellectual words, no hidden meanings, it is simple and to the point.

How marvellous! :-)

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014