Home
« Home | Next: Thinking Outside The Box »
| Next: Winter Art »
| Next: 3D Art - Materials and Equipment »
| Next: Play Along »
| Next: 3D Art II »
| Next: The Art Of Making Fond Memories »
| Next: 3D Art »
| Next: The Art Of Sneaking Out »
| Next: A New Year Filled With Arts, Crafts And Hobbies »
| Next: CD Art - Materials and Equipment »

Arts and Crafts

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Norwegian Beading Art

I wished I had come across this beautiful Norwegian folk art when I was doing my posts on Bead Art. Since I don't believe in anything being 'too late' while I am still breathing, I thought I add to the subject by sharing this intricate beading.

From reading the blog where I found this bead art, the pattern represents the Norwegian 8 petal rose. This rose has inspired many and has been used for emblems, logos, crafts and all sorts of other items for a long time already.

Looking at the delicately woven beads, it reminded me of native Indian bracelets, breast patches and other creations, because the weaving is done in a similar way. I found the resemblance rather stunning.

Even the fact that the beaded breast patches are part of the Norwegian folkloristic apparel was striking.

I so enjoyed coming across this and even if it had not been for the art and craft, then definitely for reading the posts.
<--- Yeah, this blog is worth a visit as well.

Thanks Felisol for allowing me to use these gorgeous pictures!

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014