Home
« Home | Next: Crocs Art »
| Next: Thrown For An Arty Loop »
| Next: The Snoopy Project »
| Next: Creative Uses For Towel Bars »
| Next: Towel Rack Craft Ideas »
| Next: Drawer Pull Creations »
| Next: Home-Crafted Drawer Pulls And Knobs »
| Next: Pipe Cleaners To The Test »
| Next: The True Colors Of Creativity »
| Next: Pipe Cleaner Holiday Crafts »

Arts and Crafts

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?

I finally finished the little Shih Tzu bank I was working on. It sure took me long enough due to having to cover it entirely in fur, but it worked out well.

I decided against changing it in order to resemble the picture I received after my work already was in progress. It would have been much easier to crochet a new one than to make all the alterations.

Another problem I encountered was that if I had created its entire body, it would have been way too short in comparison to its head.

It would have turned out to look like a cartoon character and that was not what I was going for. So, I determined to just stick to the upper body and its front legs.

After it was all said and done, I was not very happy with its coat. It looked too much like strands of yarn, which it was of course. Combing was the answer. It gave it finer and more polished look.

I debated whether to give it to our daughter's friend or to make her another one. According to our daughter, it sure resembled her friend's pet and she took it to her. Her friend was thrilled and I was pleased to hear that.

How much was that doggie in the window, you ask? It didn't cost her anything. We already have one destructive dog and the last thing we need is a litter! Grin.

link link link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Corryc 2007 - 2014